Monday, July 30, 2012

WE ARE ADOPTING AGAIN!

We are blessed and overjoyed to share that we are adopting again!! “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.” {James 1:27} This adoption journey, God has called us to a domestic U.S. adoption to a little baby brother or sister in need of a family!! We are home study approved for 1 child (or 2 children) under the age of 2, but most likely 1 infant, and our profiles are in the hands of our facilitator. We are waiting on God's perfect timing to be matched with a birth mom, or could be called about a quick drop-in-the-lap situation. We will either have months, weeks, days, or even hours to prepare to travel anywhere in the U.S. when the baby arrives!

As well, we are blessed to share that we have been approved to work on a concurrent Ethiopian adoption and will be working towards getting on the waiting list to begin the waiting process for Ethiopia again, the other nation we love! The time frames between the domestic and international adoption programs differ, and we expect to be home as a family of 4, while we wait on the Ethiopia waiting list for our third child! With an 18-24 month wait on the waiting list, we are happy to get the waiting underway!
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.” {Proverb 3:5-6} We would love for you to come beside us and surround us with your love and prayers as God grows our family again through adoption! "...I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west… Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth.” {Isaiah 43:5-6}
Thank you, friends and prayer warriors! We love you!!

13 comments:

Lindsey Andrews said...

SOOO excited for you sister!

Lindsey Andrews said...

WAHOO! So excited for you guys!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Wow!!! What fantastic news, Whitney! So happy for you guys-hope both processes are smooth!

Meredith said...

SO SO excited for you guys!! Will be praying and following your journey closely! I LOVE adoption!!! :)

Bex said...

HOORAY!!! this is such great news and I love how you are adding to your lovely family! So creative and so meaningful. I started following your blog when we started the adoption process to bring home our baby girl from ethiopia and I have been reading along with you ever since. I have always wanted to concurrently adopt and never knew if it would be possible. so cool! congrats!

Jodi said...

sooooooo excited for y'all!!!!!! How wonderful!!!! I just love watching God grow your family!!! <3

Brian and Heather said...

Sooooooooo excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to follow your journey as you expand your sweet family! :) I wondered why you didn't answer me on FB...sorry I asked on there...I thought I had missed something but I guess you hadn't announced it yet!

Brian and Heather said...

SOooooooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to follow along as you expand your sweet family! I wondered why you didn't answer me on FB...sorry about that! I thought I had missed something but I guess you hadn't announced it yet! Did you decide to go to Created for Care??

Josh and Christen said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by to bid on our auction :) and congrats to you on the upcoming adoption. You little guy is adorable too! Blessings to you and your family!

THE JUDY JOURNEY said...

Ahh, so excited for you guys!

Mrs. J said...

awesome. am just now starting to follow your blog. we are adopting as well from Africa and will be at the Orphan Love Mud Run.
I am excited to follow what God has in store for your family!
Julia

Sunshine said...

I have enjoyed your blog. My hubbie and I are in the process for a child from Haiti. I would love to know about your prayer hearts in the photo...did you make them and how?

Thanks,